In-home senior care in Philadelphia, Delaware County, Montgomery County PA is available for those who are in need. Comfort Keepers provides non-medical services such as services listed below. For more information about the services and where to get funding if you qualify, go to Comfort Keepers website at www.comfortkeepers.com/office-326/
COMPANIONSHIP & CARE SERVICES
- Conversation and companionship to provide seniors social contact at meal time or other moments of the day to enhance health, happiness and quality of life.
- Meal preparation to help seniors maintain good nutrition for healthier living.
- Light housekeeping, such as vacuuming, dusting, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, taking out the trash, straightening rooms, organizing closets and drawers, cleaning interior windows that can be reached without a ladder.
- Errand services, such as picking up prescriptions and going to the post office.
- Grocery shopping with or without the client.
- Respite care to relieve family members who are assisting with the care of their loved ones. This allows family time to run errands, go shopping or get much-needed rest.
- Medication reminders. In-home caregivers cannot administer medications, but can remind the client to take medications and assist in opening medication containers and reading labels.
- Grooming and dressing guidance, such as buttoning clothing, tying shoes and putting on socks.
- Incidental transportation to doctor appointments, barbershops, beauty salons, shopping, wherever the client likes or needs to go.
- Laundry services, which include washing, drying, ironing and putting things away.
- Recreational activities, such as card and board games, a walk in the park, crafts, hobbies, and outings to church and other favorite places to help seniors stay active in mind, body and spirit.
- Mail assistance and organization to separate junk mail from important mail and to let seniors know when bills are due.
To read more about Comfort Keepers, nationwide and internationally or find a location near you, click HERE.